You can help RecyclingWorks develop best management practices for businesses and institutions to provide guidance on contracting for hauling services for trash, recycling, and organics. RecyclingWorks is coordinating a stakeholder engagement process that will inform the development of this guidance.
RecyclingWorks is hosting three stakeholder meetings across the state to learn about the experience of haulers, businesses, processors and others involved in contracting for hauling recyclable and organic materials from commercial generators.
The second discussion will be held during the MassDEP Solid Waste Advisory Committee (SWAC) meeting on October 27. This meeting is open to the public.
Please attend to share your experience with these or other issues related to creating, maintaining, or modifying contracts for waste hauling services.
Topics for discussion include:
- How to ensure generators obtain clear information on quantities of trash, recycling, and organics collected and waste ban compliance status.
- How generators can realize avoided disposal cost savings while ensuring fair compensation for haulers.
- How building relationships can encourage the understanding of hauling capabilities.
- How training employees, and knowing where material is going, can reduce contamination issues.
- How to negotiate contracts, counteroffers, and ask about subcontracting.
Hauler Contracting Stakeholder Discussion at MassDEP SWAC Meeting
Date: October 27, 2016
Time: 1:30pm – 3:00 pm
Location: MassDEP office
- Western Mass Hauler Contracting Stakeholder Meeting on September 14 in Springfield
- Central Mass Hauler Contracting Stakeholder Meeting on November 15 in Worcester