You can help RecyclingWorks develop best management practices for businesses and institutions to provide guidance on contracting for hauling services for trash, recycling, and organics. RecyclingWorks is coordinating a stakeholder engagement process that will inform the development of this guidance.
RecyclingWorks is hosting three stakeholder meetings across the state to learn about the experience of haulers, businesses, processors and others involved in contracting for hauling recyclable and organic materials from commercial generators. The first multi-stakeholder meeting will be held on September 14th at EcoBuilding Bargains in Springfield, MA.
Please attend to share your experience with these or other issues related to creating, maintaining, or modifying contracts for waste hauling services.
Topics for discussion include:
- How to ensure generators obtain clear information on quantities of trash, recycling, and organics collected and waste ban compliance status.
- How generators can realize avoided disposal cost savings while ensuring fair compensation for haulers.
- How building relationships can encourage the understanding of hauling capabilities.
- How training employees, and knowing where material is going, can reduce contamination issues.
- How to negotiate contracts, counteroffers, and ask about subcontracting.
RSVP: Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 888-254-5525. Please let us know which event you plan to attend, your name, business, title, email, and phone.
Hauler Contracting Stakeholder Meeting in Western Mass
Date: September 14, 2016
Time: 2:30pm – 4:00 pm
Location: EcoBuilding Bargains, Conference Room, 83 Warwick Street, Springfield
Other meetings in this stakeholder engagement process include:
- Hauler Contracting Stakeholder Discussion at SWAC Meeting on October 27 in Boston
- Hauler Contracting Stakeholder Meeting in Central Mass on November 15 in Worcester