This interactive webinar will explore opportunities to reduce costs during these challenging times of COVID-19. In this introductory webinar and subsequent webinars, we will explore:
- How can we clean and disinfect more efficiently and effectively? Are there safer alternatives?
- How can we reduce our energy and water costs?
- How can we reduce solid and organic waste costs?
- What are other businesses doing and what results have they seen?
- What resources are available to explore opportunities to improve business operations and processes?
Offered by: University of Massachusetts Lowell, Lowell Center for Sustainable Production, University of Massachusetts
Participants will host virtual booths where they showcase their state-of-the-art food loss and waste activities, products, and innovations. Examples may include new packaging that keeps produce fresher, longer, or food products made from misshapen fruit. The fair will also showcase food sector industry leaders who are committed to reducing food loss and waste in their operations.
Register today for the USDA Food Loss and Waste Innovation Fair.
Questions? Contact Dr. Jean Buzby, USDA Food Loss and Waste Liaison, firstname.lastname@example.org.