Date(s) - 04/03/2017
5:30 pm - 7:00 pm
UMass Boston is hosting Waste to Wealth: Business Opportunities in the Circular Economy
Join this discussion about emerging drivers and opportunities for small entrepreneurs working with large companies to advance the circular economy.
The circular economy is an emerging economic paradigm that requires innovation and adapted business models for advancing zero waste practices, product design, and product reuse and remanufacturing. It is estimated that it will provide an economic opportunity of over $1 trillion as well as significant social and environmental benefits. Hear from our panelists about the factors behind their success, the challenges they face, and the future business opportunities in the circular economy.
- John Fischer, Branch Chief, Commercial Waste Reduction & Waste Planning, MassDEP
- Lina Azuero, Principal Program Manager, Global Supply Chain Sustainability, Dell
- Susan Robinson, Director of Public Affairs and Regulatory Issues, Waste Management
- Gavin Bodkin, Co-Owner/COO, Circular Blu
- Dana DeVeau, Executive Director, The Furniture Trust
Dr. Vesela Veleva, Department of Management, UMass Boston
This event is free and open to the public. For more information contact Vesela.Veleva@umb.edu.
For disability-related accommodations, including dietary accommodations, please visit www.ada.umb.edu two weeks prior to the event.