SPS ’16 Conference – Waste Valorization: Using Renewable Co-Products as Feedstocks
The 2016 Sustainable Packaging Symposium, hosted by the Institute for Sustainability, will focus on using pre-consumer waste by-products as feedstock for value-added products.
Conference Topics include:
- Co-product availability and their utilization
- Co-product and byproducts availability from agri- and aquacultural waste
- Examples of successful conversion of waste into valuable products
- Challenges in conversion of feedstock from a biochemical perspective
- What are the major biochemical breakthroughs required for the cost-effective conversion of co-products?
- Energy, cost considerations and co-products from biochemical transformations
- Examples of successful processes
- Co-product toxicity, toxics use reduction
- Challenges in co-product disposal from a human and environmental toxicity perspective
- Lifecycle Analysis
- Lifecycle analysis (overall mass and energy balance considerations in waste valorization)