This stakeholder engagement meeting on reusable foodware container best practices will be held on Thursday, December 7th, from 10:00 AM – 12:00 PM.
This is the second in a series of meetings that RecyclingWorks is coordinating on behalf of the Massachusetts Department of Environmental Protection (MassDEP) and the Massachusetts Department of Public Health (DPH) that will inform the development of guidance on how restaurants, colleges and universities, and other food service entities can transition away from single-use food ware containers to reusable containers. Together, we hope to shape a framework that not only promotes sustainability but also aligns with the practical needs and challenges faced by the food service industry.
If you are interested in participating, and represent one of the following audiences, please contact RecyclingWorks at Info@RecyclingWorksMA.com or 888-254-5525.
- Restaurants, colleges, universities, and other food service operations with reusable takeout/foodware options (e.g., healthcare, corporate cafeterias)
- Service providers that support reusable foodware/takeout container systems
- Vendors of reusable foodware containers
- Local and statewide health department officials and recycling coordinators
- Organizations and advocacy groups focused on reusables and/or waste prevention
- Industry associations (e.g., restaurants, colleges/universities, etc.)