Date(s) - 01/23/2020
1:00 pm - 3:30 pm
The next meeting of the MassDEP Solid Waste Advisory Committee (SWAC) Meeting will be held from 1:00 pm – 3:30 pm on Thursday, January 23, 2020. The meeting will be held at MassDEP’s Boston Office, located at One Winter Street in Boston.
The MassDEP SWAC meets four times per year to discuss solid waste regulations, policies, and program, and keep interested organizations and individuals up to date on related MassDEP activities.
If you are unable to attend in person, you may participate by webinar.
1:00 – MassDEP Updates
- Solid Waste Master Plan status update
- Waste Ban inspections and enforcement update
1:15 – Source Reduction & Reuse Working Group
- Review and prioritize issues for discussion
- Discuss how to obtain broader community and citizen engagement
- Plan meeting schedule, locations, dates
1:50 – Discussion of Proposed Waste Ban Changes
- Waste Ban Guidance changes: C&D Minimum Performance Standard policy & Solid Waste Facility implementation
- Reduced threshold for commercial organic material
3:30 – Adjourn