RecyclingWorks Construction & Demolition Materials Focus Group
at NESEA Pro Tour of Wayland’s First Passive House
RecyclingWorks, in collaboration with the Northeast Sustainable Energy Association (NESEA), invites you to attend a Focus Group on October 21st in Wayland, MA. Lunch will be provided!
The Focus Group precedes NESEA’s Pro Tour of Wayland’s First Passive House. The house was deconstructed piece-by-piece and the materials sold for re-use. Members of the Project Team will be available to answer questions about the salvage process during the Focus Group and the tour.
Register here the Pro Tour. Once you register for the Pro Tour, you will receive a confirmation email that will contain a link for the Focus Group registration. Cost: $25 for NESEA members; $35 for non-members
This focus group is part of RecyclingWorks’ stakeholder engagement process to develop best management practices for building professionals to increase recycling and reuse of construction and demolition (C&D) materials. RecyclingWorks is partnering with many organizations, including NESEA, to learn about the experience of contractors, architects, C&D haulers and processors, salvage outlets, and others involved in the C&D waste stream with reuse and recycling of these materials.
Topics for discussion during the Focus Group include:
- Reuse: Connecting with salvage outlets to capture reusable materials.
- Source Separation: What materials make sense to separate on-site and at what scale of project?
- C&D Processing: Best practices for capturing high-value materials at comingled facilities.
- Please attend to share your experience with these or other issues related to diverting C&D materials from disposal.
C&D Focus Group and NESEA Pro Tour of Wayland’s First Passive House
- When: Friday, October 21, 2016
- Focus Group: 11am-12:30pm; Lunch will be provided.
- Pro Tour: 12:30-5pm
- Where: Peace Lutheran Church, Wayland, MA
- Cost: $25 for NESEA members; $35 for non-members
- Click here to register.
For more information, call the RecyclingWorks hotline at (888) 254-5525 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
About Recycling Works: RecyclingWorks in MA is a free recycling assistance program, funded by the Massachusetts Department of Environmental Protection and administered by the Center for EcoTechnology, that helps businesses and institutions maximize recycling, reuse, and composting opportunities. RecyclingWorks resources include a searchable database of haulers and processors of recyclable materials, information on recycling different materials, and free technical assistance to help businesses improve their waste diversion programs.