Date(s) - 11/13/2019
8:30 am - 12:00 pm
Registration for this event is now closed.
UMass Dartmouth will host the 2019 Fall WasteWise Forum on Wednesday November 13, 8:30AM – 12:00PM. The WasteWise Forum is a joint program run by RecyclingWorks in Massachusetts, the Massachusetts Department of Environmental Protection (MassDEP), and the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (US EPA).
This forum will focus on reducing contamination in collection programs and using technology to donate and reduce food waste. Presenters from UMass Dartmouth will discuss the variety of waste reduction programs they have in their dining facilities, dorms, and public spaces. Attendees will also learn about ways to utilize technology platforms to reduce and recover wasted food during presentations from Boloco and Food for All. The Forum will conclude with an optional tour of UMass Dartmouth’s food waste diversion and recycling programs. Attendees will have opportunities to network with local businesses, institutions, and recyclers.
The event will take place in the University’s Claire T. Carney Library in the Grand Reading Room. Parking will be provided in lot 13/14.
WasteWise Forum Agenda
8:30am – 9:00am Registration & Light Refreshments
9:00am – 10:00am Welcome, Updates, & Awards
- UMass Dartmouth, Shannon Finning, Vice Chancellor for Student Affairs
- RecyclingWorks in MA, John Majercak, CET President & Lauren Potter, Program Lead
- MassDEP, Stephanie Cooper, Deputy Commissioner for Policy & Planning
- US EPA, Dennis Deziel, Regional Administrator for Region 1
10:00am – 10:30am Food Waste Reduction Using Technology
- Boloco, Matt Taylor
- Food for All, Lauren Betz
10:30am – 11:00am Networking Break
11:00am – 11:55am UMass Dartmouth Waste Diversion Programs
- UMass Dartmouth Dining Services, Nancy Wiseman
- UMass Dartmouth Campus Sustainability and Residential Initiatives, Jamie Jacquart
11:55am – 12:00pm Closing Remarks
12:00pm Optional Tour
Registration for this event is now closed. For more information, please email email@example.com or call 888-254-5525.
Register for Event
Bookings are closed for this event.