The U.S. EPA Region 1 (New England) office recently announced the Regional 2014 Food Recovery Challenge Achievement Award winners based on 2013 data. The awards go to those who significantly reduce the volume of surplus food generated, donate food to people or animals, and/or compost excess food.
The Massachusetts winners include:
- Tufts University Medford Campus, Medford, MA
- University of Massachusetts Amherst (Physical Plant), Amherst, MA
- Harvard University, Cambridge, MA
- Big Y Foods, Inc., Springfield, MA
- BJ’s Wholesale Club, Westborough, MA
- TD Garden, Boston, MA
- Genzyme Corporation, Framingham Campus, Framingham, MA
- Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Boston, MA
RecyclingWorks in Massachusetts would like to congratulate all winners! If your business or institution is interested in reducing surplus food generated, donating excess edible food, or diverting inedible food waste, contact RecyclingWorks by email or call 1-888-254-5525.