Date(s) - 03/31/2020 - 04/01/2020
This event is organized by the Northeast Waste Management Officials’ Association (NEWMOA).
NEWMOA has partnered with the New England Interstate Water Pollution Control Commission (NEIWPCC), the Northeast States for Coordinated Air Use Management (NESCAUM), the Northeast Recycling Council (NERC), and others to organize a regional science conference on PFAS. The goals of the conference are:
- Ensure that local, state, and federal action to address PFAS contamination is informed by the most current and reliable science
- Facilitate networking and information-sharing among key stakeholders on PFAS topics
- Identify important gaps in the science and policy to help inform future research
The conference organizers expect conference attendance to be approximately 400 people, including:
- Local, state, and federal government officials
- Academic researchers and students
- Consultants and vendors
- Companies that use, make, or sell products that contain PFAS
- Non-governmental and environmental organizations
Visit the conference website to learn more and register for the event.